Kalki.io service helps the equipment manufacturers to improve reliability by pro-active maintenance and increasing the asset productivity by reducing downtime; helps asset owners to reduce the risk of network and data breaches; O&M service providers to reduce O&M costs and engineering complexity, protect assets & equipment by taking on-time action. The main differentiating factor of Kalki.io remote device maintenance access solution is its ease of use by reducing system setup complexity and improved security by zero trust access technology, which makes it ideal for the industries to connect field devices, software, and services.
Why Kalki.io Remote Device Maintenance Access Solution?
An increase in the number of connected devices and software because of rapid improvement in sensor and connectivity technology increases the demand for secure remote control and management of these devices. Kalki.io remote device maintemance access solution makes it easy to securely organize, monitor, and remotely manage your remote assets and resources at scale. Kalki.io service provides secure connectivity between the device’s programming port and its engineering tool over a private/ public network. Over the past few years, the maintenance strategy of asset owners is changing from Reactive → Planned → Proactive →Predictive maintenance. The real-time collection of assets, health, and operational data are important to enabling this migration.
Kalki.io remote device access solution is a centralized device management Software as a Service (SaaS) solution for the complete management and monitoring of devices/equipment deployed in the field. It is more beneficial than VPN based solution and has a device as well as user-level access control. Users can make use of this technology framework to establish secure connectivity with the distributed assets and helps users to reduce engineering time, costs, and resources.
Kalki.io platform also facilitates remote monitoring of resources such as field devices or software for effective monitoring of the health and operational data.
Advantages of Secure Remote Device Access
Kalki.io Remote device maintenance access works directly with the field resources or using third-party edge hardware or field gateways. With an inside-out connectivity model, it provides unlimited connections as there is no dependency on the IP like traditional VPN technology. Besides improving the reliability by pro-active maintenance, this remote device access solution increases asset productivity by decreasing downtime. It also has UI to monitor the status on remote PC and provides better performance on the lossy network. Device access pack of Kalki streamlines operations thereby enhancing maintenance efficiency of the industries, which have intelligent field assets.
- User experience – Centralized web-based management console equip administrators to easily monitor and configure access to a device or software service without changing infrastructure and avoid expensive appliances, ACLs, and firewall policies.
- No Public exposure – Unlike traditional VPN-based technology, Kalki.io provides inside-out connectivity which does not require exposed public gateways and networks to be visible on the internet which would be vulnerable for DDoS attack or malware.
- Zero trust access control for devices and applications does not expose the entire network to the user limiting the attack’s potential blast radius and lateral attack vulnerability.
- Monitoring – Web-based monitoring option provides visibility for the adminstrator to the user sessions, audit-trail, and control active sessions if required
- Network agnostics – Connectivity independent of the device/software/asset make/model and communication protocol
- No IP dependency – Unlike VPN, Kalki.io remote connect service does not have a dependency with IP address at private network resources or for users at the remote location
Features of kalki.io Remote Device Access
- Adaptive communication as per underline connection link type (GPRS/ LAN/ RF)
- Windows-compatible remote connector for easy connectivity from any remote location
- Auto-discovery and registration of field proxy is useful for large deployments
- TLS based end-to-end encrypted tunnel for enhanced security
- PKI complied secured role-based access control for device/software and user authentication
- Easy browsing of devices using hierarchy based configuration
- Public or private deployment of service available