Cloud Based Smart City Solutions
KALKI.IO IoT solutions for Smart Cities provides a comprehensive advanced metering and B2B billing solution to smart city developers or bulk consumers. KALKI.IO cloud and the edge-based platform supports open standard protocols such as DLMS/COSEM, MQTT gateway, Mbus, Modbus, and various meter specific protocol adaptors to communicate with energy meters, water meters, gas meters, and BTU meters. The billing is implemented based on the master utilities concession agreement and integration of metering data directly from meters in the field or from SCADA server, network service provider servers for ICT data, and billing. This IoT solution for smart cities will also provide an interface to exchange collected meter data to any third party CRM system of the client. It is a very secure platform that can be deployed on-premise or on a cloud. Software built on cloud-based technologies can be leveraged to connect and manage millions of devices such as meters, EV charging controllers, Solar inverters, distribution automation assets, and other sensors and devices that may get deployed during the expansion of the smart city.
Smart City Metering Head End
Smart city metering head-end plays a significant role in the IoT in the energy sector. The metering head-end helps to integrate the meter data management system to the utility applications. Besides the network gateways are also commanded by the smart city metering head end, which helps to forestall the overload into the network. Most of the utility companies use a two-way communication system that is between smart meters and headend systems. Smart city metering head-end equips data transmissions and reception, also directs the operations of smart meters, further helping to store load data in a regular interval which supports B2B customer billing. Our smart city metering head-end system is feature-rich and compatible with various energy meters.
- Kalkitech’s “bottom-up” solution approach is an Integrated meter data acquisition, meter data management, and billing system. The advantage of this approach is tight integration of data because of which the invoices are more accurate and consistent. Easy and Accurate reconciliation of bills means faster receipt of payment.
- Future flexibility to include Business to Customer meter billing system, by integrating with the utility system. The advantage of cloud-based utility billing software is a quick reconciliation of bills as the data collection and processing platform is the same.
- This “Bottom-up” approach means that the data processing system (MDM-Billing) can integrate a new meter or an IoT device on any protocol easily by adding the device-specific adapter to the MDAS system using plug and play interface. This flexibility helps, as during the O&M phase the end-user can replace a defective system or add new devices focussing on the procurement philosophy i.e. buy devices that offer value to the organisation rather than looking for a device that will be compatible with the existing system. This results in low operating costs.
Features of KALKI.IO Smart City Solutions and B2B Billing Services
Kalki.io technology can be a key element in fulfilling the growing Smart City demands. Our IoT solutions for smart cities using a single shared IoT platform fetch better results in smart energy monitoring providing high-security. The city authorities also benefit from Kalki.io smart city solutions such as our smart city meter billing software for energy meters, water, gas meters, and waste-water meters and BTU Meters for enhanced performance, thereby optimizing operations, automating the entire processes, and managing the huge amount of data generated. The fully integrated IoT based smart city solutions use advanced analytics, intelligent algorithms, and machine learning for real-time control and predictive maintenance operations.
- Highly scalable system handling millions of energy meters
- Proven interoperability with multiple types of meters (Energy/ Water/ Thermal/ Gas) from different makes
- Multi-tenant hosted service and deployable on private deployment on cloud or on-premise infrastructure support provides maximum flexibility as required
- REST-based configuration and management support from smart-city command and control centre
- Flexible connectors to exchange meter data with IT and IoT platforms for advanced meter data processing applications
- Auto-discovery and device registration feature help in minimising the engineering effort significantly
- Support prebuild device templates for energy meters, water meters, gas meters, and thermal meters
- Push or pull-based meter data collection
Kalki.io products are specifically designed IoT solutions for Smart cities and multiple utility industries that are capable of addressing the rising demands of the billing services from the consumers. Most of the companies in the energy sector need an out and out solution for meter management, customer care management, billing services, troubleshooting systems, etc. Kalki integrates meter data collection and billing all these into one platform, thereby simplifying the complex billing systems and providing more competitive advantages for the customers as well as for the industries.