SyncConnect DER Pack identified as SyncConnect 100 is gateway software used in distribution automation and distributed energy resource applications namely Solar PV, Energy Storage, WindFarms, and Electric Vehicle charging stations. SyncConnect DER pack is specifically designed with pre-licensed modules tailor-made to work as protocol gateway or MQTT Gateway. With the pre-licensed software package for solar PV plants, wind farms, EV charging systems, this DER Gateway software is a suitable single product for multiple energy monitoring applications whether its energy generation or a consumption point. SyncConnect can be deployed at the edge or at the base stations of low power wide area network providers such as LoRaWANTM gateway.
SyncConnect DER Gateway provides a vibrant set of edge functionality, allowing utilities and energy producers not only to monitor and control their assets but also take critical decisions atthe edge using add-on data processing application build on the top of SyncConnect using the extended set of APIs and MQTT interface provided. This feature improves traditional monitoring systems, increasing reliability, asset life and network capacity. Software is available in various packaging options such as Debian, RPM and docker to suit a wide range of edge device platforms. It’s validated on recognized industrial edge devices and gateway hardware. Independency on the number of peripherals (ethernet/ serial ports) makes it flexible to use in various applications.
● Rooftop Solar and Solar PV Plants
● Wind farms
● EV charging station
● Electrical Distribution Automation
● Battery and Energy storage
Key Features of SyncConnect DER-Gateway
Kalki DER gateway middleware simplifies the creation of IoT edge solutions for distributed energy resource applications and provides users with adequate capability to build cutting edge solutions, thereby improving productivity and efficiency of the overall business. The DER gateway has proven interoperability with various legacy devices such as existing RTUs, PLC, controllers, line sensors, meters etc. Using extensive standard and private cloud connectivity and MQTT gateway interface, DER Gateways can share field sensor data and legacy OT protocols, DNP3, Modbus, IEC104 and many more, allowing incremental addition of new sensing solutions to cloud-based IoT solutions.
● Flexibility in automatic monitoring and management of high-volume data field devices
● Secure and scalable infrastructure supporting off-line and real-time data collection
● Share data with local applications or remote applications on common data model irrespective of the southbound protocol
● Connects to cloud-based infrastructure and share real-time data with cloud-based applications
● Flexible to support custom data Model for MQTT JSON modelling tool
● MQTT publisher and subscriber support help in using the software as MQTT Gateway as well
● Configuration using the desktop-based tool or REST APIs
● Kalki.io can be used for remote management and configuration of the software
● Secure TLS 1.2 tunneling for communication and configuration
● Inbuild secure proxy to connect and route the field area network with the central server
Protocols Licensed and Packaged
Master / client protocols – OPC UA, IEEE2030.5, OCPP, SNMP, Sunspec Modbus, Standard Modbus serial & TCP, DLMS-COSEM, BacNet, MQTT, DNP3.0 serial & TCP, OPC DA, OPC HDA & OPC AE, OPEN ADR
Slave/server protocols – OPC UA, MQTT, Modbus serial and TCP, IEEE2030.5, DNP3.0 serial and TCP, DLMS serial and TCP
Cloud Connectivity: Proven interoperability with kalki.io, Azure IoT Hub, AWS IoT Core. Generic MQTT gateway provided helps in sharing data with any private and public cloud platforms and explore cloud-based analytics using advanced Artificial Intelligence(AI) and machine learning (ML) models.
Inbuilt logic and arithmetic operation functions and licensed IEC61131 PLC logic engine can be used for building decision logics same as what PLC does. Tunneling support in the gateway can be used for securely connecting any devices from remote for reconfiguration, re-engineering, diagnostics, and troubleshooting. SyncConnect can be used easily with kalki.io remote device access solution.