SyncConnect Protocol Gateway Pack identified as SyncConnect 130 is a general-purpose protocol gateway software employed for various applications including data acquisition, remote device access, remote device management, asset monitoring for Industry4.0, smart grid, smart cities. A protocol gateway is a device that usually converts one protocol to another facilitating communication between devices easy. SyncConnect protocol gateway pack is specifically designed with pre-licensed modules tailormade to work as data concentrator and protocol gateway. The multi-protocol converter engine, a compact device that performs a range of protocol conversions helps in collecting data from varied devices and sharing data with multiple data centers simultaneously. The several features of the pack including the device redundancy and communication redundancy make the solution highly secure, reliable and convenient for mission-critical applications. The software automatically sets to start at the device startup following power restoration which is required for unmanned applications.
Kalki protocol gateway software is available in different packaging options such as Debian, RPM and docker to suit an extensive range of edge device gateway platforms. Also, the software is validated on recognized industrial modems, routers, and gateway hardware that has been proven for various applications. There is no dependency on the number of peripherals (ethernet/ serial ports) which can be used by the application.
Master / client protocols – IEC 61850, DNP3.0, IEC60870-5-104, IEC 101, IEC 103*, Modbus, DLMS-COSEM, SNMP, IEEE2030.5, OCPP, Ethernet IP, BacNet, Sunspec Modbus, Ethercat, Profinet, OPC UA, MQTT
Slave / server protocols – Modbus, IEC 61850, DNP3.0, DLMS, IEC60870-5-104, IEC 101, IEC 103*, MQTT
Cloud Connectivity: Proven interoperability with kalki.io, Azure IoT Hub, AWS IoT Core, the software helps in sharing data with these cloud platforms and explore cloud-based analytics using advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) models.
Inbuilt SNMP Manager of the protocol gateway pack can be applied to connect with networking equipment and assets such as routers, switches, and other gateways and collect diagnostics data. Instead of waiting for someone to notify that something is wrong and find the person accountable for fixing the problem, SNMP allows you to monitor your network constantly. SNTP service in the software enables synchronizing the gateway time from an external clock or synchronizing external devices time from the gateway clock. For building decision logics at the edge gateway itself, users can employ the inbuilt logic and arithmetic operation functions and licensed IEC61131 PLC logic engine. Tunneling support in the gateway enables securely connect any devices from remote for diagnostics, reengineering, reconfiguration, and troubleshooting.
Protocol Gateway Features
- The diagnosis and troubleshooting tools of syncConnect protocol gateway enable users to quickly install industrial devices and support them with problem-solving.
- Inbuilt diagnostic tools help to confirm connection and communication status.
- In case of incorrect device status or data, the centralized data monitoring and analysis tool help to capture and analyse data transmitted from the device to figure out the issue.
- Rapid conversion of data between various protocols gives runtime protocol information make it suitable for mission-critical applications.
- Equips protocol traffic monitoring mechanisms to immediately capture and vividly present protocol data.
- End users can guarantee the efficiency and accuracy of peer-to-peer industrial devices and identify problems when they occur.
- Centralized role-based device management support using kalki.io.